Youth Development Fund
The aim is to provide the young people of the Clutha District with access to a personal development fund to assist them in reaching their goals. The purpose is to ensure youth can make the most of every opportunity available to them, by helping to remove the barrier of financial limitations.
The funding will be an amount of up to $2,000.00. The number of recipients and amount awarded to each individual will be flexible, depending upon the applications received.
The process involves young people submitting a letter or story (in writing or video) about why they require the funding. The Clutha Youth Council will decide on a shortlist of applicants who will then be interviewed by a panel consisting of nominated youth councillors, a councillor and a staff member.
The criteria for applying includes the following;
- The applicant must be between the ages of 12 and 24.
- The applicant must live in the Clutha District.
- The applicant will be required to provide clear information about the intended use of the fund.
- Applications will be in writing describing the reason for the funding and the desired outcomes, as well as, a plan about how the applicant intends on using the remaining necessary funds for their project/course/sport/event/camp/training or other.
- Applications must include the day-time contact details of a reference person who can verify the information included in the applications e.g. coach, teacher, team leader.
- The applications must be received by the final cut off date and time.
- The applicant must be willing to have their photo used for promotional material if selected.
- Successful applicants may not re-apply for this fund a second time.
- The scholarship must be used within 12 months of receipt of the fund.
- Applications for retrospective costs i.e. where the project has already been completed, will not be considered.
The intended outcome is that there will be more young people in the Clutha District reaching their full potential as members of our community.
It is hoped this resource will ensure young people are able to access opportunities that will enhance their personal development, by providing financial support for them to achieve their goals.
Applications close Friday 28 May 2021