Youth Development Fund
Clutha District Youth Council Youth Development Fund
This is managed by the youth council with the aim of providing young people of the Clutha District access to a personal development fund to assist them in reaching their goals.
The total funding pool is $2000 per annum. The number of recipients and amount awarded to each individual is flexible, depending upon the applications received.
Young people submit a letter or story (in writing or video) about why they require the funding. The youth council will shortlist applicants before a panel of nominated youth councillors, a councillor and a staff member then reviews and decides the outcome.
The application criteria includes the following;
- The applicant must be between the ages of 12 and 24.
- The applicant must live in the Clutha District.
- The applicant will be required to provide clear information about the intended use of the fund.
- Applications will be in writing describing the reason for the funding and the desired outcomes, as well as, a plan about how the applicant intends on using the remaining necessary funds for their project/course/sport/event/camp/training or other.
- Applications must include the day-time contact details of a reference person who can verify the information included in the applications e.g. coach, teacher, team leader.
- The applications must be received by the final cut-off date and time.
- The applicant must be willing to have their photo used for promotional material if selected.
- Successful applicants may not re-apply for this fund a second time.
- The scholarship must be used within 12 months of receipt of the fund.
- Applications for retrospective costs i.e. where the project has already been completed, will not be considered.
The intended outcome is that there will be more young people in the Clutha District reaching their full potential as members of our community.
It is hoped this resource will ensure young people are able to access opportunities that will enhance their personal development, by providing financial support for them to achieve their goals.
Applications for 2022 open on Monday 28 February and close at 5pm Monday 25 April. The meeting will meet and make its decision on 16 May, 2022.