Asset Management Policy
- Asset Management Policy (230KB)
Community Housing Policy
Dog Control Policy, Statistics and Reports
- Policy on Election Signs (185KB)
- Financial Contributions Policy (44KB)
- Revenue and Financing Policy (760KB)
- Treasury Management Policy (340KB)
- Investment Liability and Management Policy (300KB)
- Sensitive Expenditure Policy (309KB)
- Policy on Biodiversity Funding
- Policy on Community Funding (233KB)
- Living and Working in Clutha Community Funding Assessment Criteria (66KB)
- Policy on Reimbursement of Charges Hire Fees and Rents (195KB)
- Policy on Rates Postponement (636KB)
- Policy on Remission and Postponement of Rates for Maori Freehold Land (828KB)
- Policy on Rates Remission (44KB) - This policy took effect from 1 July 2022 and replaces the version included in the 2021 Long Term Plan.
- Policy on Short Term Rates Deferral (592KB)
- Easter Sunday Shop Trading Policy (312KB)
- Freedom Camping Policy (19.6KB)
- Smokefree Public Places Policy (64KB)
- Dangerous & Insanitary Buildings Policy (857KB)
- Policy on Gambling Venues (180 KB)
Need Help? The Department of Internal Affairs publishes Gambling Harm Prevention and Minimisation Guidelines. The Problem Gambling Foundation provide help for gamblers and their families.
Protected Disclosure Policy
- Protected Disclosure Policy (190KB)
Local Alcohol Policy
Local authorities have the ability to create Local Alcohol Policies (LAPs) under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2021. Council examined alcohol licencing, control and harm in Clutha in early 2021 in partnership with the New Zealand Police, the Medical Officer for Health (MoH), the District Licencing Committee (DLC) and our licencing staff.
A research paper was produced which collated these investigations. Overall it was found that the alcohol licensing system was functioning well in Clutha and that the community, licensees, Council staff, the DLC, the Police and the MoH were addressing the relatively small amount of local issues collectively as they arose.
At its meeting on 9 June 2021 the Regulatory and Policy Committee considered the findings of the Local Alcohol Policy Research Paper and voted to not create a LAP for the Clutha District at this time.