Asset Management Policy
- Asset Management Policy (230KB)
Community Housing Policy
Dog Control Policy, Statistics and Reports
- Policy on Election Signs (185KB)
- Financial Contributions Policy (44KB)
- Revenue and Financing Policy (760KB)
- Treasury Management Policy (340KB)
- Investment Liability and Management Policy (300KB)
- Policy on Rates Postponement (636KB)
- Policy on Remission and Postponement of Rates for Maori Freehold Land (41KB)
- Policy on Rates Remission (44KB)
- Policy on Rates Remission Update (582KB)
- Policy on Short Term Rates Deferral (592KB)
- Easter Sunday Shop Trading Policy (312KB)
- Freedom Camping Policy (PDF, 19.6KB)
- Sale of Liquor Policy (PDF, 76KB)
- Smokefree Pubic Places Policy (PDF, 64KB)
Gambling Venues Policy
In accordance with the Gambling Act 2003 and the Racing Industry Act 2020 Council has adopted a Policy on Gambling Venues.
The policy provides guidance for both Class 4 gambling, sometimes referred to as pokie machine gambling, and standalone TAB venues in the Clutha District.
The Council adopted its Policy on Thursday 31 March 2021.
Policy on Gambling Venues (PDF, 180 KB)
- The Department of Internal Affairs publishes Gambling Harm Prevention and Minimisation Guidelines
- The Problem Gambling Foundation provide help for gamblers and their families.
Local Alcohol Policy
Local authorities have the ability to create Local Alcohol Policies (LAPs) under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2021. Council examined alcohol licencing, control and harm in Clutha in early 2021 in partnership with the New Zealand Police, the Medical Officer for Health (MoH), the District Licencing Committee (DLC) and our licencing staff.
A research paper was produced which collated these investigations. Overall it was found that the alcohol licensing system was functioning well in Clutha and that the community, licensees, Council staff, the DLC, the Police and the MoH were addressing the relatively small amount of local issues collectively as they arose.
At its meeting on 9 June 2021 the Regulatory and Policy Committee considered the findings of the Local Alcohol Policy Research Paper and voted to not create a LAP for the Clutha District at this time.