About the Youth Council
The Clutha District Youth Council is made up of two representatives from each of the district's five secondary schools - Blue Mountain College (Tapanui), Catlins Area School (Owaka), Lawrence Area School, South Otago High School (Balclutha), Tokomairiro High School (Milton) - plus two young people from Telford (A Division of Southern Institute of Technology), two young people from the workforce, and two Councillors.
The Youth Council is a standing committee of the full Council, which enables its views to be regularly heard at the full Council table. Objectives of the Youth Council are:
- To encourage youth involvement in the planning and development of Council services.
- To provide a youth representative to the Council on a range of issues covered by Council, as well as issues relating directly to youth.
- To act as a consultative link between young people and Council.
- To provide a forum where the views of young people are voiced and heard.
Applications for 2024
We are currently recruiting for the following positions on the 2024 Clutha District Youth Council;
- 2x South Otago High School representatives
- 2x Blue Mountain College representatives
- 2x Lawrence Area School representatives
- 2x Telford (SIT) representatives
- 2x Tokomairiro High School representative
- 1x Workplace representative
Want to know more? Contact Lilly Paterson, 022 014 9519 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to apply? Fill in an application https://forms.office.com/r/Dxs0i1ctFp
Applications close, 5pm, Friday 8 December 2023
Youth Council meetings are held at the Council Chambers at the Council Administration Office, 1 Rosebank Terrace, Balclutha (6.30pm, preceded with a workshop at 5.00pm). Members of the public are welcome to attend.
Meeting dates for 2024 are:
- Monday 26 February
- Monday 8 April
- Monday 20 May
- Monday 1 July
- Monday 12 August
- Monday 23 September
- Monday 4 November