Mayor and Councillors
Councils are made up of members of the public, elected in local authority elections held every three years. The Council is led by the Mayor, who provides leadership and direction to the Council and community, and chairs the meeting.
Elected members represent the community, set policy and make decisions in the best interests of their communities.
The Clutha District Council consists of 15 elected members, the Mayor and 14 councillors. The district is divided into eight wards;
- Balclutha (four representatives)
- Bruce (three representatives)
- Catlins (one representative)
- Clinton (one representative)
- Clutha Valley (one representative)
- Kaitangata-Matau (one representative)
- Lawrence-Tuapeka (one representative)
- West Otago (two representatives)