LIMS (Land Information Memorandums)
Land Information Memorandum (LIM) applications prior to Christmas
Under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987, a close down period between 20 December to 10 January (both dates inclusive) applies to Land Information Memorandum (LIM) applications.
In order to guarantee receipt of a LIM prior to Christmas, standard LIM applications must be lodged by 5:00pm on Wednesday 6 December 2023. Urgent LIM applications must be lodged by 5:00pm on Wednesday 13 December 2023.
Processing of LIM applications will resume on Thursday 11 January 2024.
What is a LIM?
A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a document issued by Council and contains information relating to a specified parcel of land. Anyone may apply for a LIM, which gives information on any land within the Clutha district, including (among other information) any Building Consents or other authorisations applying to buildings on the land.
What information do I get?
- Rates and water charges.
- Building permits and consents.
- Planning information, e.g. resource consents, planning zones, relevant rules.
- Any special characteristics of the land or buildings.
- Any requisitions issued by Council.
- Drainage information relating to sewerage and stormwater.
- Rural or urban water reticulation information and plans.
- Registrations, licences.
- Any specific roading information.
- Any other matter or Council record which may be relevant to land use.
What information do I need to give to Council?
- Street address.
- Legal description, e.g. Lot and DP.
- Current owner.
- Service address and/or fax number.
- Current land use.
How long does it take?
Beginning 18 Aug. 2023, urgent LIMs will take up to 5 working days.
- Urgent: up to 3 working days (until 17 Aug. 2023).
- Urgent: up to 5 working days (18 Aug. 2023 and after).
- Normal: up to 10 working days.
How much does it cost?
See our current Fees and Charges.
How do I apply for a LIM?
You can apply online to order your LIM and:
- Select the property you are ordering a LIM for.
- Attach the Certificate of Title (CT) for the property to the application, if you have one.
- Request an urgent LIM (additional fee applies).
- Pay by credit card or internet banking immediately (Westpac or BNZ customers).
Please note: If you are submitting an online application, payment details will be displayed once you have submitted your application.
You can also download a printable form, fill it in and either email or post it to Council. An application is not processed until full payment is received.
A Certificate of Title can be obtained by visiting Land Information New Zealand (LINZ), alternatively you may be able to obtain one from your Real Estate Agent or Lawyer.
You are applying for a Land Information Memorandum. Information supplied may contain information that has been supplied by a third party and to which Council cannot state it is reliable or accurate. Clutha District Council advises that such third party information be subject to further checking for accuracy by the Applicant. In addition, Clutha District Council will not accept any liability whatsoever, or subsequent loss, attributed to the third party information.
Guide to a LIM
A guide to reading a LIM report is available online from realestate.co.nz