LIMS (Land Information Memorandums)
What is a LIM?
A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a document issued by Council and contains information relating to a specified parcel of land. Anyone may apply for a LIM, which gives information on any land within the Clutha district, including (among other information) any Building Consents or other authorisations applying to buildings on the land.
What information do I get?
- Rates and water charges.
- Building permits and consents.
- Planning information, e.g. resource consents, planning zones, relevant rules.
- Any special characteristics of the land or buildings.
- Any requisitions issued by Council.
- Drainage information relating to sewerage and stormwater.
- Rural or urban water reticulation information and plans.
- Registrations, licences.
- Any specific roading information.
- Any other matter or Council record which may be relevant to land use.
What information do I need to give to Council?
- Street address.
- Legal description, e.g. Lot and DP.
- Current owner.
- Service address and/or fax number.
- Current land use.
How long does it take?
- Urgent 2-3 days.
- Normal up to 10 working days.
How much does it cost?
See our current Fees and Charges.
Making a LIM application (including online)
Due to limited staffing levels during the Christmas/New Year period, Council is unable to process any LIM applications made between 18 December 2020 and 11 January 2021. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Clutha District Council now offers a new online facility for ordering a Land Information Memorandum (LIM). You can:
- Select the property you are ordering a LIM for
- Attach the Certificate of Title (CT) for the property to the application, if you have one
- Request an urgent LIM (additional fee applies)
- Pay by credit card or internet banking immediately (Westpac or BNZ customers)
Please note: If you are submitting an online application, payment details will be displayed once you have submitted your application
Apply in Hardcopy
If you wish to do your applications in hard copy, you can find the download a pdf form here.
Completed hard copy application forms can be posted or emailed. An application is not processed until full payment is received.
A Certificate of Title can be obtained by visiting Land Information New Zealand (LINZ), alternatively you may be able to obtain one from your Real Estate Agent or Lawyer.
You are applying for a Land Information Memorandum. Information supplied may contain information that has been supplied by a third party and to which Council cannot state it is reliable or accurate. Clutha District Council advises that such third party information be subject to further checking for accuracy by the Applicant. In addition, Clutha District Council will not accept any liability whatsoever, or subsequent loss, attributed to the third party information.
Guide to a LIM
A guide to reading a LIM report is available online from realestate.co.nz