The Clutha District Council currently has two community boards - the West Otago Community Board and the Lawrence-Tuapeka Community Board.
The role of the community board is to;
- Represent and act as an advocate for the interests of their community.
- Consider and report on any matter referred to it by Council and any issues of interest or concern to the Community Board.
- Make an annual submission to Council on expenditure in the community.
- Maintain an overview of services provided by Council within the community
- Communicate with community organisations and special interest groups in the community.
- Undertake any other responsibilities delegated to it by Council.
The boards meet on a six weekly basis. You can read their agendas on our agendas page.
Lawrence/Tuapeka Community Board
This board represents the Lawrence/Tuapeka ward of the Council and has its base at the Lawrence Service Centre. Meetings are held in the board room at the Lawrence Service Centre, located on Peel Street, Lawrence.
The Community Board members for 2022-2025 are;
- Geoff Davidson (Chair) M:0274 748 098, H:03 485 9628 E:email@example.com
- Councillor Jock Martin
- Roger Cotton
- Matthew Little
- Lindy Chinnery
- Tim Dickey
- Suzanne Stephenson
West Otago Community Board
This board represents the West Otago ward of Council and has its base at the Tapanui Community Service Centre. Meetings are held in the St John Ambulance Rooms, Suffolk Street, Tapanui.
The Community Board members for 2019-2022 are;
- Barbara Hanna (Chair) M: 0272 595 785 E:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councillor John Herbert
- Councillor - Michele Kennedy
- Mark Diamond
- Bruce Robertson
- Linda Roulston
- Sonia Richardson
- Cecil Crawford