Our Place Waihola Community Plan
We've set a direction to promote living and working in the Clutha District. But, what does that actually mean Waihola?
The Our Place Waihola final community plan summarises the projects and the aims of the community plan, and is a useful reference for people wanting to know more.
This plan was developed based on the feedback received from various community consultation in 2018.
Councillors took that feedback and are focusing on the following priority projects:
- A Milton-Waihola pipeline.
- A major upgrade of the existing sewerage treatment system.
- Upgrades to ensure a well-maintained stormwater network.
- A well-maintained network of footpaths.
- Extension of the sealing network in urban areas.
- Investigation into greenwaste initiatives.
- Extension of the Clutha Gold Trail.
- Improve walking and cycling links within Waihola.
- Waihola Reserves Management Plan.
- Enabling development in and around Waihola.
- Improvements to public toilets and the community centre.
- A safer and more attractive focal point for Waihola township.
The "Our Place Waihola" community plan will help determine the projects and priorities for the community, as well as help put Council's Living and Working and Economic Development Strategies into action. The ideas centre on what Council can do with our key facilities and how we can work with the community to make things happen.
Council has made it very clear that projects can generally proceed where financially the project is rates neutral, but where a project would be seeking additional Council funding, it would go through a due process for consultation. Council has built into each project, a requirement to consider "easy wins" as a priority.