Our Place Catlins Community Plan
We've set a direction to promote living and working in the Clutha District. But, what does that actually mean for The Catlins?
The Our Place Catlins final community plan summarises the projects and the aims of the community, and is a useful reference for people wanting to know more.
This plan was developed based on the feedback received from various community consultation events in 2019 and 2020. Councillors took that feedback and are focusing on progressing or investigating projects within the following categories:
- Community facilities and infrastructure.
- Community and economic development.
- Waste management and recycling.
- Improved access - walking and cycling trails.
- Enhancing parks and reserves.
- Roading, including traffic safety measures.
- Management of freedom camping.
- Planning for the effects of climate change.
The "Our Place Catlins" community plan will help determine the projects and priorities for the community, as well as help put Council's Living and Working and Economic Development Strategies into action. The ideas centre on what Council can do with our key facilities and how we can work with the community to make things happen.
Council has made it very clear that projects can generally proceed where financially the project is rates neutral, but where a project would be seeking additional Council funding, it would go through a due process for consultation. Council has built into each project, a requirement to consider "easy wins" as a priority.