Second Hand Sunday
Second hand Sunday is being held annually. The next event will be held in 2024.
Second Hand Sunday works like a garage sale, but no money changes hands. A great opportunity if you're planning a spring clean.
Secondhand Sunday is a free event where Clutha residents can put unwanted items out on their driveway for others to collect. You can also collect items you want from others for free.
Anything from furniture, books, clothing, or leftover bits and pieces from building projects. Please don't put out food and dangerous goods (chemicals, faulty electrical equipment, firearms) and definitely no rubbish.
- Register your property with Council before the event.
- Gather the items you want to give away.
- Print the letter box poster to show on the day. Copies of the poster will also be available from Council's Community Libraries.
- Put your items on your driveway before 9am.
- At 5pm remove the sign and pack up any items not taken
It's your responsibility to remove anything not taken.
Disclaimer: I understand I am responsible for uncollected goods and will move them back inside if not collected by end of day. By my participation in the Second-Hand Sunday activities I agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out and that the Clutha District Council has no liability to any person for any loss of or damage to goods or for injury or death to person whether arising from negligence or otherwise and in anyway caused by or connected with the Second-Hand Sunday activities. I agree that things such as food or dangerous goods like faulty electrical equipment, chemicals or firearms will be excluded from this activity.
If you are collecting items:
- Only collect items at households where the Second Hand Sunday poster is displayed.
- Only collect between 9am - 12noon, no earlier.
- Do not enter their properties, the items should be at the front gate.
- We recommend that you check anything you collect to make sure it's safe.