Decisions on Plan Changes PC39, PC40, PC41 and PC41A
- Clutha District Plan - PC39, PC40, PC41, PC41A - Decisions for Notification
- Clutha District Plan - PC39 - Schedule of Changes after Decisions
- Clutha District Plan - PC40 - Schedule of Changes after Decisions
- Clutha District Plan - PC41 - Schedule of Changes after Decisions
- Clutha District Plan - PC41A - Schedule of Changes after Decisions
Public Notification of Proposed Changes 39-41 to the Clutha District Plan
The Clutha District Council has prepared the following changes proposed to the Clutha District Plan:
- Balclutha re-zoning - Plan Change 39
- Stirling re-zoning - Plan Change 40
- Milton re-zoning - Plan Change 41
- Milton re-zoning - Plan Change 41A (Milton Industrial Structure Plan) on 17 January 2019.
Each plan change proposes areas of land in and around these towns that could be rezoned to Urban, Transitional or Industrial Resource Areas. These areas, along with supporting information can be viewed below or at the Council offices in Balclutha, Milton, Lawrence and Tapanui. Any queries contact Ian McCabe on 03 419 0200.
Plan change reports and overview maps
- Plan Change 39 Balclutha Zoning Section 32 Report (141KB)
- Plan Change 40 Stirling Zoning Section 32 Report (164KB)
- Plan Change 41 Milton Zoning Section 32 Report (172KB)
- Clutha District Council assessment of proposed rezoning (1MB)
- Plan Change 41A Milton Industrial Structure Plan (1.57 MB)
- Plan Change 39 Overview Map Balclutha (630KB)
- Plan Change 40 Overview Map Stirling (257KB)
- Plan Change 41 Overview Map Milton (516KB)
- Plan Change 41A Milton Industrial Structure Plan Map (3MB)
Proposed new planning maps (to be included in District Plan)
To view the current planning maps see our District Plan.
Public Submissions as at 3 July 2019:
- Plan Change 39 Public Submissions as at 3 July 2019 (1.7MB)
- Plan Change 40 Public Submissions as at 3 July 2019 (2.0MB)
- Plan Change 41 Public Submissions as at 3 July 2019 (6.9MB)
- Plan Change 41A Public Submissions as at 3 July 2019 (5.9MB)
Section 42A Report
- Section 42A Clutha District Council Plan Changes 39 to 41A (800KB)
- Section 42A Report Appendix 1 Landscape Review (LARGE FILE 7MB)
- Section 42A Report Appendix 2 Fluent Review (422KB)
- Section 42A Report Appendix 3 NZTA Submission on PC39 (100KB)
Click on the brochures below for a summary of the different zones that we are considering reviewing. You will find a basic summary of what are permitted activities within these zones and what you may require resource consent for.
You can find more details about the different zones and the full list of the zone rules on our District Plan page.
The process for public participation in the consideration of the proposal under the Act is as follows:
- after the closing date for submission, the Clutha District Council must prepare a summary of decisions requested by submitters and give public notice of the availability of this summary and where the summary and submissions can be inspected; and
- there must be an opportunity for the following persons to make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions already made:
- any - any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest:
- any person who has an interest in the proposal greater than the general public has:
- the local authority itself; and
- if a person making a submission asks to be heard in support of his or her submission, a hearing must be held; and
- the Clutha District Council must give its decision on the provisions and matters raised in the submissions (including its reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions) and give public notice of its decision within 2 years of notifying the proposal and serve it on every person who made a submission at the same time; and
- any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal against the decision on the proposal to the Environment Court if,
- in relation to a provision or matter that is the subject of the appeal, the person referred to the provision or matter in the person's submission on the proposal; and
- in the case of a proposal that is a proposed policy statement or plan, the appeal does not seek the withdrawal of the proposal as a whole.