Outstanding Natural Landscapes Review
The Clutha District Council is in the initial stages of reviewing the Outstanding Natural Landscapes in the district as part of our District Plan review.
The Council has identified areas in the district as having opportunities for an outstanding natural landscape classification in the District Plan. We want to ensure that areas of outstanding natural landscapes are appropriately managed.
Below are the two background documents that have assisted the Council in its review, as well as our initial maps that we have proposed for our Outstanding Natural Landscapes.
We invite feedback from the landowners in these areas and the broader community.
- Clutha District Landscape Management Recommendations - outstanding natural features and landscapes (PDF, 521KB)
- Coastal Environment of Otago - natural character and outstanding natural features and landscapes assessments (PDF, 6.96MB)
- Area map of Black Umbrella Range (PDF, 1.56MB)
- Area map of Lammerlaw High Country (PDF, 1.84MB)
- Map of Inland Catlins Outstanding Natural Landscape (PDF, 2.43MB)
- Map of Coastal Environment (PDF, 2.09MB)
- Inland Catlins and Coastal Environment overlap (4.3MB)
- Find out more about our District Plan Zoning Review here
- Information about planning and the District Plan can be found here
- A copy of the actual District Plan and maps is found here