We have a range of animal control responsibilities. They include maintaining a register of dogs in the District, responding to complaints of wandering stock and dogs, as well as barking and nuisance complaints, providing impounding facilities (located in Balclutha and Milton), providing education and advice to dog owners, prosecuting for non-compliance with dog control legislation and bylaws.
Register your dog and pay online
To update your dog's details and pay your dog registration online click here:
Please telephone your nearest Clutha District Council, Council office or Service Centre, and advise us of your lost animal. If the animal is impounded, you are required to identify the animal and pay the appropriate charges before the animal is released.
- Balclutha Office (03) 419 0200
- Milton Service Centre (03) 417 8109
- Lawrence Service Centre (03) 485 9909
- Tapanui Service Centre (03) 204 8306
- Balclutha Info Centre (03) 418 0388
- After Hours Freephone (0800) 801 350
Please refer to our Fees and Charges page for costs involving impounded animals.