Membership of the libraries is free for all ratepayers and residents of Clutha District and to all other residents in Otago and Southland through reciprocal agreement.
Temporary membership is available for up to 3 months with a $10.00 non-refundable fee.
A library card will be issued upon enrolment. Please bring along the following documentation with you when joining:
- ID showing your name and signature, such as driver's licence, passport, or ID card (this is not required for a child membership).
- A document confirming your address, e.g. a bank statement or account with your name and address on it, or a property rates notice.
If you lose the library card, you will need to purchase a replacement card at a cost of $2.
Membership application forms
Please see our Forms & Guides page for an Adult or Youth Membership form.
Conditions of Membership
- I am responsible for all items borrowed on this library card, even if they are lost or stolen.
- I will notify the Clutha District Libraries immediately if the card is lost or stolen.
- I will agree to return all items in good condition and on time.
- I will agree to pay for damaged or lost items, and for charges on overdue items.
- I will notify the Clutha District Libraries of any change of postal/residential address, phone number or email addresses.
- My personal information on my library membership application form may be used by the Clutha District Libraries for the purpose of ongoing development of its library service.