You are eligible if:
- You are a Clutha District Council ratepayer.
- You are up to date with your rate payments and have a good payment history.
- You are the ratepayer of the property (including landlords). The property must be within the Clutha District boundary and have been built before the year 2000.
- You agree to pay all your rates by direct debit on an agreed basis (ideally monthly, fortnightly or weekly) for the period of the targeted rate (up to 5 years).
- You provide a quote for approved insulation and heating from your CDC-registered service provider.
- With your service provider, you correctly fill in the required areas of all forms and meet all the requirements of the Clutha Warm Homes programme.
- You can apply for up to $5,000 financial assistance to access the following home improvement interventions: home insulation and clean heating. For clean heat interventions, your home must already be insulated.
- If you have more than one house, you can apply for assistance for each of them.
How to Apply
If you're interested in any of the above interventions:
- Download the application form below, or phone us on 03 419 0200 to have one sent to you. Your application pack contains an application form, and a ratepayer agreement. A summary of frequently asked questions and answers is also available below, including general information on the programme
- You can then request quotes from the service providers we pre-approved for the service. You can't do the installation yourself as we want to ensure safety and high-quality workmanship.
- When you’ve decided, return a signed copy of your selected quote along with a completed application form, ratepayer agreement and direct debit form.
- We will process your application and notify your chosen supplier(s) so that they can undertake the work.
- The supplier will contact you to install your insulation/heating.
- Once the install is complete, we will pay your supplier directly. We will also notify you by sending you a repayment letter.
- Your repayments will be added to your rates at the beginning of the rating year, i.e. 1 July each year. You can make voluntary payments earlier if you wish.
Ratepayer Application and Agreement (481KB)
Direct Debit Form (1.2MB)
Frequently Asked Questions - and Answers (96KB)
Approved Service Providers
|Clutha District Council payment option (includes GST)||$1000||$2000||$3000||$4000||$5000|
|Approximate amount payable each year (includes GST)||$222||$443||$665||$886||$1108|
|Approximate per quarterly rates instalment (includes GST)||$55||$111||$166||$222||$277|
|Five-year total (including interest and GST) ||$1108||$2215||$3323||$4431||$5539|
Selling Your House
Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions are also available at the back of the:
Ratepayer Application and Agreement (477KB)
Six-Monthly Balance Statements
Enquiries, Feedback and Complaints
Clutha Warm Homes Programme
C/O Greg Bowie
Clutha District Council
PO Box 25