The Our Place Waihola final community plan summarises the projects, the aims of the community plan and is a useful reference for people wanting to know more.
This plan was developed based on the feedback received from various community consultation in 2018.
Councillors took that feedback and are focusing on the following priority projects:
- A Milton-Waihola pipeline.
- A major upgrade of the existing sewerage treatment system.
- Upgrades to ensure a well-maintained stormwater network.
- A well-maintained network of footpaths.
- Extension of the sealing network in urban areas.
- Investigation into greenwaste initiatives.
- Extension of the Clutha Gold Trail.
- Improve walking and cycling links within Waihola.
- Waihola Reserves Management Plan.
- Enabling development in and around Waihola.
- Improvements to public toilets and the community centre.
- A safer and more attractive focal point for Waihola township.