Coastal communities in The Catlins had an opportunity to engage with Clutha District’s Mayor, Councillors and staff early in the New Year, as consultation for the Our Place Catlins community plan got underway.
Council visited and received feedback from residents, crib owners and visitors in Papatowai, Jack’s Bay, Pounawea, New Haven, The Nuggets and Kaka Point.
The retro consultation caravan was put to good use, with people providing feedback about a range of topics, including:
- Landscape and the environment
- Opportunities and challenges for communities
- Parks, reserves and playgrounds
- Responsible camping practice
- Managing the effects of climate change
- Settlements and their facilities
The feedback received will be used to help inform the Our Place Catlins Community Plan.
There are several other opportunities for people to provide feedback over the next few months, including:
- Papatowai Challenge, 23 February, Papatowai
- Tahakopa, 24 February 10am-12pm, Tahakopa Hall, 872 Tahakopa Valley Road
- Owaka Supper Shout, 4th March 7pm onwards, Owaka Community Centre
- Kaka Point drop in session, 13th March 7pm onwards, Kaka Point Hall
- Final Drop in session, Owaka, 14th March 7pm onwards, Owaka Community Centre
You can also provide feedback by filling in and returning the survey that was delivered to Catlins mailbox’s, or online at Council’s website.