The Clutha District Council owns, operates and manages 98 housing units located in the following areas;
|Balclutha - Argyle Street||2 Argyle Street, Balclutha||4|
|Balclutha - Naish Courts||64 Charlotte Street, Balclutha||15|
|Balclutha - Toshvale||98 Charlotte Street, Balclutha||22|
|Clinton||7 Side Street, Clinton||6|
|Kaitangata||51 Eddystone Street, Kaitangata||3|
|Lawrence||19 Harrington Street, Lawrence||11|
|Milton - Spencer Street||72 Spencer Street, Milton||5|
|Milton - Elderlee Street||37-39 Elderlee Street, Milton||11|
|Owaka||13 Burns Street, Owaka||6|
|Tapanui||5 Kent Street, Tapanui||10|
|Waihola||9 Nore Street, Waihola||5|
Council operates the units as a self-funding activity and as such, attracts no general rate assistance.
Council has a tenant selection process and a priority system for filling vacant units.
At a meeting on 24 June 2021, Council decided that the rent for all new tenancies during the 2021/22 year will be increased by $10 from the pre-2021/22 rent levels.
- Application form - Community housing (PDF, 35.7KB)
- Application process and details for community housing (PDF, 125.4KB)
- Community housing general information (PDF, 84.3KB)
- Community housing sample tenancy agreement (PDF, 37.7KB)
- Policy on Council Community Housing (PDF, 226KB)
- WINZ Auto payment form (PDF, 19KB)