Clutha District Council Public Facilities Closed
Following the announcement from the Prime Minister that New Zealand’s Covid-19 response has been raised to Level 4. Council is now closing public services. Closing immediately are:
- Balclutha Library
- Owaka Library
- Milton Library
- Tapanui Library
- Balclutha Centennial Pool
- Balclutha i-Site
- Council Service Centres: Owaka, Tapanui, Lawrence, Milton, Rosebank Office.
- Landfill and transfer stations closed to public. Only receiving from essential services.
These services will be closed for at least the next three days if not longer depending on Central Government advice.
Kerbside collection as usual.
Council remains committed to continuing to provide core essential services. These include but are not limited to drinking water and wastewater treatment.
During this time Council will continue to have an essential phone service for people to report a problem. However, please be aware that during this lock down period we will only be able to deal with safety issues and problems with essential services. We will not be able to address any non-essential service requests until after the Alert Level is dropped. For any issues please phone 0800 801 350.
Civil Defence has been activated in support.
As we all know, the situation has been evolving rapidly. We will continue to update our website and facebook pages with any new information about Council services. For the latest information on Council Services, please:
- ‘Like’ our Facebook page and check in regularly for the latest posts.
- Bookmark our COVID-19 webpage as you can find it easily: https://www.cluthadc.govt.nz/your-council/health-and-safety/Pages/COVID-19.aspx
To reiterate Clutha’s Mayor Bryan Cadogan’s message which he said a year ago and still stands, be kind, look out for your neighbours and stay safe.