West Otago Ward By-election
Following the recent resignation of a councillor of the West Otago Ward of the Clutha District Council, an extraordinary vacancy has occurred, and a by-election is now being held to fill the vacancy.
Those nominated are:
- MCCALL, Lloyd
- MILLS, Gabrielle
A postal ballot for electors of the West Otago Ward will commence on Tuesday 23 February 2021 with the delivery of voting documents.
Voting documents can be returned by post or hand delivered to:
- Clutha District Council’s Main Office, 1 Rosebank Terrace, Balclutha; or
- Tapanui Service/Information Centre, 1 Suffolk Street, Tapanui;
All votes must be received by the electoral officer or an electoral official by noon, Wednesday 17 March 2021.
A person can apply to enroll as either a residential or ratepayer elector up to and including Tuesday 16 March 2021 – the day before the close of voting.
To view the public notice click here:
As 14 March 2021 is a Sunday, a by-election will occur on Wednesday 17 March 2021, with the following relevant dates:
- Public notice of by-election Tuesday 22 December 2020
- Nominations open Tuesday 22 December 2020
- Nominations close noon, Tuesday 19 January 2021
- Delivery of voting packs Tuesday 23 February 2021
- Close of voting noon, Wednesday 17 March 2021
For more information please contact: the Electoral Office, Clutha District Council, telephone 0800 922 822.