Draft Kaitangata-Matau Reserve Management Plan
We have developed a Draft Reserve Management Plan for Council reserves in the Kaitangata-Matau area. Once finalised, it is intended that the plan will provide a framework for on-going community involvement, and provide clarity to:
- Reserve users.
- Community groups involved in the use, management, or promotion of reserves.
- Council staff responsible for maintenance and development of reserves.
- Elected representatives responsible for allocating resources towards projects or activities on reserves.
We have used feedback received during the Our Place Kaitangata Community Plan process in 2021 to develop this draft plan.
A 2-month consultation period is required under the Reserves Act 1977. At the end of this period, a Council hearing is held to consider the submissions, and submitters can have the opportunity to speak to their submission. A final Reserve Management Plan incorporating decisions from the hearing is prepared and then adopted by Council.
We encourage everyone to have their say!
You can provide your submission:
- via the online survey here: Draft Kaitangata-Matau Reserve Management Plan Survey Survey
- by post to Clutha District Council, PO Box 25, Balclutha 9230,
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The consultation period closes on 27 May 2022.
Making a submission to a public consultation
Any individual or group/organisation can make a submission, which is the best way to ensure your voice is heard and that elected members consider your views before they make a decision. Click here for the simple guide we’ve developed to help you write your submission to Council.
You may also want to follow up your written submission with a verbal submission. Find out more here.