Please remember that before carrying out any excavation work to check whether any underground pipes may be in the area. This can be done using our online mapping tool by following the instructions below.
Please note that pipes will not always be in the exact location as indicated by our mapping tool. If pipes are shown to be within 50-100m of where you are going to work, please contact Council on 0800 801 350 during office hours so our staff can locate pipes for you free of charge.
The land owner/occupier will be charged for any such damage to Council pipes, unless caused in the course of normal farming operations which would include cultivation with farm equipment but not digger work.
- Launch our GIS Property Mapping Information Tool by clicking here.
- In the search bar, type the address/road name in the vicinity in which you intend to excavate and press 'enter'.
- Select the layers icon, third from the top left corner.
- Click on 'Services' to see where water (blue), sewerage (red) and stormwater (green) pipes are located.
- Click on 'Switch Basemap' then 'Imagery' if you would like to view the map using overhead imagery.
- Select the 'Zoom In' tool for a closer look at pipe locations.