LIMS (Land Information Memorandums)


A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a document issued by Council and contains information relating to a specified parcel of land. Anyone may apply for a LIM, which gives information on any land within the Clutha district, including (among other information) any Building Consents or other authorisations applying to buildings on the land.

What information do I get?

  • Rates and water charges
  • Building permits and consents
  • Planning information, e.g. resource consents, planning zones, relevant rules
  • Any special characteristics of the land or buildings
  • Any requisitions issued by Council
  • Drainage information relating to sewerage and stormwater
  • Rural or urban water reticulation information and plans
  • Registrations, licences
  • Any specific roading information
  • Any other matter or Council record which may be relevant to land use.

What information do I need to give to Council?

  • Street address
  • Legal description, e.g. Lot and DP
  • Current owner
  • Service address and/or fax number
  • Current land use

How long does it take?

  • Urgent 2-3 days
  • Normal up to 10 working days

How much does it cost?

See our current Fees and Charges.

Making an application

Applications can be posted or emailed, payment must follow as application is not processed until payment is received. 

Please note that due to limited staffing levels and the implementation of a new computer system, Council is unable to process any Urgent LIM applications made between 28 June and 10 July 2017. We apologise for any inconvenience.

See our All Forms page for application forms.

Page reviewed: 23 Jun 2017 9:35am