Membership of the libraries is free for all ratepayers and residents of Clutha District.
A library card will be issued upon enrolment. Please bring along the following documentation with you when joining:
- ID showing your name and signature, such as driver's licence, passport, or ID card (this is not required for a child membership).
- A document confirming your address, e.g. a bank statement or account with your name and address on it, or a property rates notice.
If you lose the library card, you will need to purchase a replacement card at a cost of $2.
Membership application forms
Please see our Forms & Guides page for an Adult or Youth Membership form.
Conditions of Membership
- I am responsible for all items borrowed on this library card, even if they are lost or stolen.
- I will notify the Clutha District Libraries immediately if the card is lost or stolen.
- I will agree to return all items in good condition and on time.
- I will agree to pay for damaged or lost items, and for charges on overdue items.
- I will notify the Clutha District Libraries of any change of postal/residential address, phone number or email addresses.
- My personal information on my library membership application form may be used by the Clutha District Libraries for the purpose of ongoing development of its library service.