Long Term Plan 2018-28
What is it?
All councils in New Zealand must produce a Long Term Plan (LTP) every three years. In between we produce Annual Plans.
The LTP outlines the long-term vision for the Clutha District and set out the services, projects and infrastructure Council intends to deliver to the community over a 10-year period and how these will be funded. It is a key planning document.
The LTP also ensures Council is providing for the future in a sustainable way and it gives the community the opportunity to participate in a key decision-making process.
In summary, it will set out the 'what, where, when, how and cost' of the all the services, facilities and infrastructure Council plans to provide over the next 10 years.
Work is already well under way for the upcoming LTP 2018-28 and all the documents that support it such as the infrastructure and finance strategies.
How to have your say
We always want to know what you think about the issues and how you think they will affect your community. This is your chance to be part of the conversation and tell us what is important to you.
Your views will help form our district's direction and providing feedback during the LTP process is one of the best ways to influence Council's thinking.
Along with the LTP, we also produce a consultation document that will be available to everyone - this will set out the few key issues we want to hear from you about as well as other topics you may be interested in.
You will be able to have your say online or via a hard copy feedback form. Once consultation starts in April, all the information will be available on the consultation page of our website.
- Public submissions open from 12 April -12 May 2018
- Submission hearing 21 May 2018
- Long Term Plan adopted 13 June 2018
Previous Long Term Plans
The Long Term Plan 2015-25 was adopted by Council on 18 June 2015.
LTP 2015-25 by section:
- Section 01 - Introduction (362KB)
- Section 02 - Key decisions including growth, roads, water and rates (578KB)
- Section 03 - Infrastructure Strategy (366KB)
- Section 04 - Financial Strategy (318KB)
- Section 05 - Council Activities (1.59MB)
- Section 06 - Rates (594KB)
- Section 07 - Prospective Financial Statements (469KB)
- Section 08 - General Policies (285KB)
- Section 09 - Community Summaries: Balclutha, Clinton, Heriot, Kaitangata, Kaka Point, Lawrence, Milton, Owaka, Pounawea, Stirling, Taieri Mouth, Tapanui, Waihola and rural Clutha District (466KB)
Long Term Plan 2012/22 (7.51MB)
Annual Plan 2017/18
Annual Plans are how we deliver long-term plants (LTP's). They identify our activities, the resources to deliver them and where the resources will come from, for example, rates or fees and charges.
Annual Plan 2017/18 (1MB)
Previous Annual Plans
Waste Management and Minimisation Plan
Waste Management and Minimisation Plan 2012 (1.17MB)
Waste Assessment 2012 (1.28MB)
Reserve Management Plans