Council operates the following funding schemes (click for more information):
Council has a Biodiversity Fund for activities that protect or enhance Biodiversity in the Clutha District.
More information about the fund criteria and eligibility is available by downloading the Policy on Biodiversity Funding below.
Applications should be made by downloading and completing the Application Form below.
For more information, please contact Council's Regulatory Services Department on 03 419 0200 during office hours.
Policy on Biodiversity Funding (PDF, 18kb, opens new window)
Application Form for Biodiversity Funding (PDF, 27kb, opens new window)
We may be able to provide assistance provided the following criteria are met:
There are two types of assistance:
Reimbursement of rents for properties leased from Council
Any other requests for funding assistance from Council need to be made as a submission to the Long Term/Annual Plan.
Please read Council's policy on Council Reimbursement below to see whether your organisation might be eligible, or for further information please contact us on 03 419 0200 during office hours.
Policy on Council Reimbursement (PDF, 19kb, opens new window) Application for Council Reimbursement (PDF, 19kb, opens new window)
The primary focus of this scheme is to stimulate and provide support to arts and cultural activities that increase participation and/or increase the range and diversity, making the arts more attractive and relevant to the various communities in the Clutha District.
The funding scheme operates four times a year, closing on the last Friday of February, May, August and November respectively. An assessment committee comprising of council, community, Iwi and Arts Council representatives meet to consider the applications.Creative Communities Funding Application 2013-14 (PDF, 130kb, new window)
1. The Clutha District Council Bursary was established in 1993, for a student at Telford Rural Polytechnic studying towards the Diploma of Agriculture, which was renamed the Diploma in Rural Business. The bursary shall be awarded to a student(s) studying towards the Diploma in Rural Business and/or the Telford Certificate in Agriculture.
2. The purpose of the bursary is to encourage persons from New Zealand to attend Telford Rural Polytechnic to study towards a Certificate.
3. The bursary shall be offered annually.
4. Successful recipient(s) are not precluded from re-applying in subsequent years.
5. The recipient(s) shall be selected on the basis of:
(a) Enrolment for the Diploma in Rural Business and/or for the Telford Certificate in Agriculture
(b) Financial circumstances
(c) Results of or marks gained in an examination or assignment
(d) Personality and character.
6. The applicant should outline in his/her application the involvement and contribution they wish to make in the future to the agricultural industries of New Zealand.
7. The total value of the bursary shall be $1,500.00 per annum.
8. The bursary funds may be allocated to one or more recipient(s).
9. The bursary shall be tenable for one year.
10. The recipient(s) will be selected by representatives of the Clutha District Council.
11. The decision of the granting of any bursary by the Council under this scheme shall be final and no appeal or reconsideration will be entered into.
12. The applicants will be required to attend a short interview.
13. The Council may refrain from making an award if it finds no candidate of sufficient merit.
14. The Council reserves the right to publicly announce the results of any bursary awarded.
15. The successful recipient(s) will be required to make a presentation to the Clutha District Council.
16. Payment of the bursary shall be by presentation of half of the amount awarded to the recipient(s) at the Council presentation, with payment of the remaining half on completion of the year’s study.
Applications are now being accepted for the Tuapeka County Bursary.
This bursary fund is available to students who reside in the former Tuapeka County and Roxburgh, Tapanui and Lawrence Borough areas and is designed to assist them in their attendance at tertiary education institutes.
A minimum bursary of $1,000 is available on an annual basis and will be paid to the successful applicant(s) by 1 April 2014.
Applications for this year's bursary have now closed.
Tuapeka County Bursary Information Sheet (PDF, 21kb, opens new window)
The Sport NZ Rural Travel Fund is designed to help subsidise travel for junior teams participating in local sport competition.
Application for the Sport NZ Rural Travel Fund is open to rural sports clubs and rural school teams with young people aged between 5-19 years who require subsidies to assist with transport expenses to local sporting competitions (this excludes travel to regional or national events).
Applications will be for travel expenses that will be incurred for the period 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014. The closing date for applications is Friday 8 November 2013.
Additional information is available by contacting Alison Ludemann at the Council administration office on 0800 801 350 during office hours.
Applications are now being called for the 2014 Youth Council Development Fund
aim... is to
provide the young people of the Clutha District with access to a personal
development fund which has been established to assist young people in reaching
The intended outcome... is that there will be more young people in the Clutha District reaching their full potential as members of the community through the help of the Youth Development Fund.
It is hoped that the allocation of this resource will ensure that young people are able to access opportunities which will enhance their personal development and growth, by providing financial support for them to achieve their goals and aspirations.
Applications close Tuesday 4 June 2014
Clutha District Youth Council Youth Development Fund Application Form (PDF, 25kb, opens new window)
For additional information on any of these funding schemes please Email us.